CoolSlang Logo

over the river

local Niagara Peninsula slang for going to the United States.

Country Code:CA
Submitted September 18th, 2011 by:


"Goin' Ov'r the River" or "Goin' Stateside" is slang all over Southern Ontario meaning going to the United States, and "Goin' ov'r the Pond" is Canadian slang for going to Europe. Comment by: Jeff    Rated:5/5
In ottawa over the river means in Quebec, usually specifically Gatineau Comment by: From ottawa   
+1 Everyone in Niagara says over the river and it's known to mean the US border, usually within a 1hr drive of the border. Yo can go over the river to Buffallo, but Ellicotville is too far away to say it Comment by: quiz   


38 visitors online © 2004, 2007, 2012 by CoolSlang